The Right Connection 2018 | Wrap Up
CENIC’s three-day annual conference brought together over 400 people from the research, education, and technology communities to share their successes that have come from leveraging advanced data networks, such as CalREN. Colleagues from around California, the nation, and the world met to catch up on their latest projects, and to share ideas and excitement about what more is possible with greater network capacity.
Attendees heard about innovative uses of the CalREN network to support diverse California research and education projects; state-of-the-art and future network technologies; wireless technologies that extend the CENIC footprint; cybersecurity and privacy; broadband public policy; and new global collaborations supported by an interconnected R&E world.
CENIC thanks all the speakers and participants for their dynamic contributions to the non-stop engaging presentations, conversations, and live demonstrations of cutting-edge technology. Check out photos from the awards ceremony here >
The conference could not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors. Titanium sponsors this year were AT&T, Cisco, and Juniper Networks. Gold sponsors were AMS.net, Arista, Aruba, Century Link, Comcast Business, Crown Castle Fiber, NCast, and Ruckus.
All the plenary sessions were recorded, and these videos are now available on the CENIC YouTube channel to watch and share with others >
- Keynote by Vint Cerf: The Unfinished Internet
- Panel: Wireless Extensions of R&E Networks (Ilkay Altintas, Graham Kent, Matt Rantanen, Frank Vernon, Jeff Weekley)
- Keynote by Ilkay Altintas: Collaborative Data Science in a Highly Networked World
- Panel: Uses of the Pacific Wave International Exchange in Climate Research (Kristie Ebi, Victoria Keener, David Lassner, Gerald Meehl, Marla Meehl)
- Keynote by Kireeti Kompella: Self-Driving Networks at the Edge of Service
- Panel: Internet for All in California (Rachelle Chong, Skyler Ditchfield, Dane Jasper, Kim Lewis, Sunne McPeak, Louis Fox)
Other highlights of the conference are:
While the conference was a big success, participants are encouraged to help us make the next conference even better by giving your feedback.
CENIC 2019 will be held in La Jolla, California, at The Estancia on March 18-20, 2019. Early Bird Registration is open now through December 2nd. If you have an idea for a presentation for the conference please submit your proposal here.